My favourite part of the day is coming home after a long day in school and being able to make myself a delicious snack!Today it was an extra long day and it had gone many hours since i had last eaten(not good). So i made myself a snack of home made rice pudding, quark mixed with vanilla yoghurt, raspberries, walnuts & 2 clementines!!! Delicious, filling and perfect!
Whats your favourite snack?
Today is my birthday *woop!* *woop!* so i have spent it doing my favourite things – working out and brunch with my family!!!
It was leg day today – and im hoping that i will feel it tomorrow. I had cake as pre workout, so the energy was definitely there 🙂 And after leg day all you want is food, so that is exactly what i got 🙂
There was so much yumminess at the brunch i ate – LOTS of fresh bread, salmon, watermelon, yoghurt, coffee etc etc
Today is another study day and rest day. But its important to fuel yourself even if you arent exercising. So todays breakfast was a delicious egg cake with yoghurt, raspberries and nuts. 2 eggs and a coffee (and a short while later 2 handfuls of raisins and nuts…. Because i need study snacks!)
Tonights night snack was oatmeal pancakes, strawberry casein from MMsports, strawberries, cottage cheese, walnuts and tea!!! Delicious, though all that was missing was chocolate (would have made the meal a 10/10.. instead of an 8/10)
My afterschool snack: Egg white oatmeal with cottage cheese and raspberries & nuts. Proteinbites, coffee and some flavoured water!
Perfect and filling!
1 scoop CHOCOLATE casein protein powder (ensure casein for cake-like consistency)
2 TB. unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tsp. coconut flour
2 tsp. instant coffee granules
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 packet stevia
2 egg whites
3 TB. unsweetened almond milk
How to Prepare
1. Spray all sides of a mug (or your favorite microwaveable cup) with non-stick cooking spray. This will help the cake to form its shape as well as prevent sticking. Set aside.
2. Put egg whites and almond milk in a bowl and fluff with fork.
3. Add all remaining ingredients and mix until ingredients are well blended.
4. Pour cake batter into the mug (make sure you get it all in there or you just lose precious bites of cake).
5. Microwave for 1 minute or until cake is firm in the center. You can either let cool or eat it while it’s hot. Enjoy!
1 scoop whey protein (I used Vanilla Pear from Mmmsports)
1 tablespoon stevia
1 egg white
1 tablespoon psyllium husk
1. Add the protein, stevia, psyllium husk and flavourings/spices into a small bowl and mix into a liquid by slowly adding the milk. You should only need approximately 1- 2 tablespoons of milk.
2. Add the egg white last and whisk it into the mixture. The batter should appear like a regular pancake batter, the thicker it is, the easier it will be to make smaller pancakes but If it is too thick it will stick to the pan.
3. Put a non-stick pan on high heat setting and add some coconut oil to the pan (Only a very small amount). When the pan is hot add a tablespoon of the mixture and reduce the heat. The pancake will take about a minute on each side to cook depending on the size of your pancake.
I topped mine with sugar free blueberry sauce & sugar free chocolate sauce from Green Valley Ranch & Peanut butter from Body science & strawberry casein.
This morning i think i spent 20 minutes making breakfast… thats 15 minutes more than usual. But i am happy of the results!!! It was absaloutly delicious and filling, couldnt have made myself a better breakfast. And lots of energy as well, so now im ready to go with all this energy!!! The reason it took so long to make was because i decided to photograph as well… haha
I made a fruit salad with quark mixed with funlight (the juice). (and added cinnamon as well) and topped with a chocolate sauce and a blueberry sauce. On the side was half a melon, an egg, coffee and an Aloe Vera!!! Super full and energy filled!
Today i recieved my package from MMsports (i ordered it yesterday!! O_O Super quick delivery!) in my package it contained lots of yummy things and one of them was peanut butter and chocolate covered nuts 🙂 My 2 favourite things!
Feeling tired and needing an energy boost i decided to eat peanut butter right out of the jar, along with the rest of my snack, which was sweet egg cake with quark & nuts and milk. & white chocolate cashews and i ate ALOT more of those nuts 🙂 hahah 150g or something :):) Can never have too many nuts or too much nut butter 🙂
I will show what i bought in another post 🙂 🙂 And will review it all as well.
This morning i started my day with a morning powerwalk around the lake with my dog. The perfect way to start a day in other words! And when i came home it was time for breakfast. And today i decided to try L Glutamine.
In my package that i got a while ago from My Protein i got both protein cookies and L Glutamine. However i was a little slow to start using the L Glutamine mainly because first i wanted to know the benefits of it and if there are any side effects. Just like before starting to use any supplements i look to see what its for and why it can be helpful to use.
Glutamine is an amino acid – a building block of protein and can help with recovery time after training. So im going to give it a go and see if it gives me any benefits or makes a difference 🙂 If you want me to write more about L Glutamine let me know 🙂
For breakfast i ate my sweet egg cake, strawberries and milk & L Glutamine. And because i wasnt satisfied (yup, it was a small breakfast!) i ate 3 crisp bread with spread and a coffee 🙂 🙂
Now im getting ready for a workout – im thinking Back as i have lots of energy, but also want to workout biceps but not do a biceps workout… The problems you can have 😉 hahah