^^This is great!! *READ*
It applies to weight training. Testosterone is the essence of manhood. When you lift weights and gradually increase the level of resistance, your muscles produce testosterone. This gives you the energy, stamina, and aggressiveness you need to take on the world.
On days after a big weight training work out, I’ve experience a significant increase in energy. I tend to pop out of bed (I’m usually groggy) and feel more vigorous over the course of the day.
2. Clarity and Concentration
An active body has been linked to an active mind. The more consistently you exercise, the less prone you’ll be to grogginess and lapses in concentration. As anecdotal evidence of this, my best cure for writer’s block has always been going for a long walk, run, or hitting the gym.
Exercise is a time to let your mind unwind while your body does the work. Strangely, when you stop actively trying to solve a mental challenge, the solution often pops into your head. Exercise is an opportunity for your subconscious mind to put together the pieces.
Working out needn’t be seen as a chore or obligation. There are tons of enjoyable ways to exercise. For example, if you live in a scenic area, going for a run or bike ride along a beautiful route can brighten things up. Since I moved to Los Angeles a couple months ago, running on the beach has gotten me out the door much more frequently.
Other great options include: using exercise as a chance to spend time with friends and family, playing a sport or game, striving to achieve new personal bests, week after week.
Have you ever gone a couple weeks without exercise and noticed that you begin to sweat an exorbitant amount? That’s because sweat, along with toxins, tends to build up over time. Sweating regularly through exercises removes these toxins and will help you feel more comfortable.
6. Better Sleep
Studies have shown that exercise improves sleep. I love my sleep, so this is big for me.
7. Longer Life
When you choose to exercise, you’re making an investment, not just in your present physical appearance, but in the rest of your life. People who exercise regularly live longer and stay healthier into old age. If not for yourself, consider the family members that love and depend on you.
Exercise has also been shown to reduce stress. This is a combined result of the benefits of cleansing, reflection, and a physical outlet for frustration.
9. Superior Strength and Endurance
About 4 years ago I went through a rough stretch where I gained 15-20 pounds in only a few months. Being unfit drastically changed the way I could move my body. It threw off my balance and made everyday tasks more difficult and uncomfortable. By exercising regularly, you’ll be better able to live and act, and in the event of an emergency, seize the moment.
10. Self Confidence
The sum of all these benefits is self confidence. (And, yes, looking good will help here too.) Greater self confidence is drives success, so its value can’t be underestimated. Exercise and fitness are an enormous part of reaching your potential.
Im honoured by http://khmazzola124.wordpress.com who nominated me for the Sunshine award!
Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog
Link to the person who nominated you
Answer 10 questions about yourself
Nominate 10 bloggers
Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they have been nominated
Questions im going to answer:
- What without fail always makes you laugh? My dog 🙂 My friends 🙂
- What is your favorite adaptation of a book to a movie? Hmm, not so sure. I must say, i think the Harry Potter films were really well done 🙂 Even though i loved the books better!
- Why did you start your blog? Because i love exercise and fitness, and would love to share my knowledge! And of course get to know others who are interested in the same thing 🙂
- What moment did you realize you enjoyed your job or that you were good at your job? Well, im not working at the moment 🙂 hah. Im studying!
- Do you have any poem committed to memory? If so, what is it?Nope.
- What song defines your life? Superchick – One more.
- What is your first memory? Hmmm… Not so sure. I remember when i was 5 years old (or something) i was told by my teacher that i wasnt allowed anymore extra homework (Yes, im a bit of a nerd :)) I used to finish my work really fast and always got extra. But i was so far ahead that i wasnt allowed anymore:) Hahah, I was crying to my mum telling her i wanted more work 🙂 (Times have changed!)
- What color comes to mind right now? First colour that came to mind was blue.
- Do you people that we all have a bigger purpose? If so, what do you think yours is? No idea…. To help people. I believe that everyone is here for reason. But i just dont know mine yet 🙂
- What time of day do you like to write? All day 🙂
And my questions to you:
- What made you start blogging?
- Whats the first thing to your left?
- What was the last book you read?
- What is your favourite song at the moment?
- What are your hobbies?
- Whats your favourite food?
- What have you done today?
- What do you want to do in the future?
- What is one thing on your bucketlist?
- Are you a morning person or a night person? 🙂
That is six nominees :9 But if any of you who read my blog have a blog, you are also nominated 🙂 Just let me know, if you repost 🙂 – I would love to check your blog out!
In all honesty, i have never understood when people do 2 workouts in a day. I dont really see the point in it. As when im at the gym, i really give it my all, so im so exahusted 🙂 And of course, it wouldnt even fit in in my time schedule 🙂 haha.
But today, i decided to run outside this morning. Neither my legs nor my lungs wanted to co operate, but i kept running (with a few stops to try to breathe!) But i was surprised & happy with my time – 9,5km in 45 minutes 🙂 (And then 10 minutes of stretching afterwards!)
I brought with me my gym stuff as i knew that i was finishing earlier today, and thought that i might do some strength training afterschool!!
After school, i felt mentally tired, or more… sluggish. But my body was full of energy, and i really didnt feel like just heading home and sitting infront of the computer. So i bought a celsius (basically an energy drink!)
I got a burst of energy and was ready to go 🙂 I focused on biceps, triceps and abs 🙂 And it was a tough workout 🙂 Afterwards, my arms were so tired that i could barely caryy my school books… haha. It was a good workout though 🙂
I might start doing 2 workouts a day. Or more, now that its sunny outside i am going to do more running & walking outside, and then i think ill go to the gym and just go hardcore with strength training 🙂 As really, i hate running on the treadmill. I mean its good when you cant run outside, but i prefer outside 🙂
1. Your fitness goals? At the moment, its just to build more muscles and tone up. And trying to improve my running speed 🙂
2. What makes you feel beautiful? When i have newly washed hair, and ive straightened it. And wearing nice smelling perfume 🙂 Haha. I feel beautiful because i rarely look like that 🙂 I always have my hair in a pony tail, and my gym bag hanging from ym shoulders 🙂
3. Top songs to work out to? (Really could use new songs to work out to!! ) At the moment i love ‘modestep’ and Macklemore is good as well 🙂 And fall out boy! And Pink 🙂
4. Something positive you see in yourself? That i am kind 🙂 And a good listener!
5. What stresses you out? School & money issues!! (I hate talking about money, it just gives me anxiety!)
6. What makes you smile?Puppies 🙂 My friends. Jokes (I laugh at bad jokes aswell :)) When someone buys me coffee. When someone compliments me 🙂
7. Favorite motivational quote?
^^Love that quote 🙂
8. How do you destress? Running. Going to the gym. Writing. Or just watching some series!
9. Fitness accomplishments you’ve achieved? Well, loads!! I mean, when i first started exercising again, i had lost all my conditioning, as due to spending almost 2 years in hospital with no activity allowed. I wasnt so physically fit. So even though i loved running, i could barely run 5km. So my first accomplishment was being able to run 5km in 30 minutes or something, and then i built up my stamina and could run 10km. And then of course i got faster and could run 5km in 25 minutes. Etc. And then of course with strength training aswell. When i first started i could barely take any weights, but now i am alot stronger 🙂 Another fitness accomplishment is being able to run 20km 🙂
10. Favorite weight lifting and/or gym equiptment machines? I love the ‘your own body weight’ exercises 🙂 But now i add weights to all of those exercises. Otherwise i love the squats barbell (or something like that its called 🙂 )
11. Your favorite stretch? Hmm no idea 🙂
12. Squats or lunges? Definite squats. I HATE lunges 🙂 haha.
13. A fitness move or stretch you struggle with?
^^I want to be able to do that 🙂